Friday, February 24, 2012

Bittersweet

No matter how hard I try, there is no way I will be able to sum up the roller coaster of emotions I have felt this week about Mom Mom and Pop leaving the area. I honestly didn't think I would be 'so emotional', but I was. They came to watch Jack while Jason and I took Reed to Disney on Ice on Monday. We had a wonderful visit, an easy dinner...

and then we said goodbye. It was a different kind of goodbye in my heart. An aching goodbye and one that when I closed the front door, it was a weeping goodbye.

Even though I know it won't be too long in between visits, it's tough to think they are in NC not in good old Oakton!
I can honestly say that my in-laws have been second parents to me and I love them dearly. They have taught me a tremendous amount and have given me more than I could ever imagine -- an amazing family filled with love and LOTS of laughter.
Love you both and can't wait to come visit in April!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post babe, I feel the same way!